Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Grazie

Back when I started Happy Consumptive, I would browse past more established food blogs trying to locate my tribe. It hadn't occurred to me yet that blogging could be a more or less solo act. I had this idea of spending a few years building a modest encyclopedia of ingredients before expanding into preparations of my own. Dabbling occasionally in big food ideas. There were a handful of food bloggers that everyone seemed to mention, and one of these was Becks & Posh. Some recent self-googling turned up that they'd linked here - almost a year ago. Somewhere along the way Happy Consumptive also found it's way into the "delicious food blogs - local" sidebar on Food Hoe. This sort of thing probably isn't newsworthy for most bloggers. Given the relatively low number of visitors who stop by here each day though, I have to assume that these folks like a good watermelon mojito with their sabelfish crudo.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're right that blogging is a solo act, but that's only until you post it up for the world to see! I remember the day I stumbled upon your blog with a random search for zampano (one of my favorite round breads in the entire universe btw)... I kept reading and decided to link for further reading.

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by. The zampanos at the Lakeshore Arizmendi were great today. The best I've seen in years.